Catalysto delivers a range of design projects for our client the National Transport Authority (NTA) including the authority’s Annual Reports, Financial and Strategy Statements and other important documents.
In broad terms, the NTA’s statutory functions (Nationally – including the Greater Dublin Area) can be summarised as follows:
• Procure public transport services by means of public transport services contracts;
• Provide integrated ticketing, fares and public transport information;
• Develop an integrated, accessible public transport network;
• License public bus passenger services that are not subject to a public transport services contract;
• Manage the Rural Transport Programme and the successor structure of Transport Co-ordination Units;
• Provide bus infrastructure and fleet and cycling facilities and schemes;
• Develop and implement a single public transport brand;
• Develop and maintain a regulatory framework for the control and operation of small public service vehicles (taxis, hackneys and limousines) and their drivers;
• Prepare statutory submissions on Regional Planning Guidelines;
• Collect statistical data and information on transport;
• Enforce EU passenger rights in rail, maritime and bus and coach transport;
• Validate EU authorisations and journey forms in relation to bus and coach travel in accordance with EU Regulation No. 1073/2009; and
• Operate as the national conciliation body for electronic toll service providers.